multi tasking with 5 min to go before show starts
“Are you ready? Lets start the show…”
3…2…1…Action! Here we go yo! This was taken at the finale for my TV show, Project Runway Philippines Season 2. The air was filled with so much energy as the audience waited for the show to begin as they rooted for their favorite finalists: Manny Marquez, Santi Obcena, Russel Villafuerte.
Here’s some shots from the final runway show:
Project Runway S2 Winner: Manny Marquez
I’m a big fan of clean, minimal design and this is a good example of what I LOVE!
Designed: Marmol Radziner
Location: Venice, CA
Welcome to my summer office! Yes, i know what you’re thinking… thats more of a vacation spot than it is an “office” … what is she thinking?!#$%. But the truth is, its during times like these, when i’m completely relaxed and in a beautiful, peaceful scenery that i actually get a lot of creative work done. These are the moments that inspire me and i almost/always end up working; whether I’m shooting for a magazine, writing, developing treatments for new tv shows, or painting, this is where it all happens. Of course i do plan to sqeeze some fun in…
Here’s what i have in mind:
1) Learn Wakeboarding
2) Visit a new city/town
3) Learn 3-5 recipies from this region. And cook them in LA.
4) Learn how to say, “I like you, you like me?” in croatian?!@# hmmm…
5) Dance, Dance, Dance!
2 more weeks! i cant wait!!!!! Happy summer!
Photo: Hvar, Croatia (photo by: Teresa Herrera)
Being a native Angeleno, people always asks me what are some of the places they must see while in LA. Well, i’ve put together a list of my top picks in LA. Now you take it from here. Enjoy! xo-T
CITY GUIDE: LA 2010
1)The Farmers Market (3rd and Fairfax/ LA, CA))- one of my favorite places to shop and lunch in LA!!! Lots to choose from
2)Griffith park Observatory (Los Feliz, CA)
3)Santa Monica Pier (Santa Monica, CA)— this is my hood! ;) i literally live on ocean avenue and really enjoy walking the boardwalk. So much fun! you can also rent a bike and cruise down the beach!
4) Malibu (Malibu, CA) — exprience driving along the PCH as you watch the sunset. make sure you stop by Moonshadows for a drink!
5) Venice Beach (Venica, CA) — definitely my favorite neighborhood in LA. Its like East Village meets the Beach! A lot of creative people live in this neighborhood.
1)Delphine (Hollywood, CA)- This is a friends restaurant in LA! Its a new restaurant that opened in W hotel in Hollywood. Hip french bistro dining.
2)Gjelina (Venice,CA)— Lovely neighborhood restaurant that serves excellent thin crust pizza! i love the ambience!
3)Urth Caffe (Santa Monica, CA)— one of my favorite LUNCH places. healthy organic food and amazing teas and coffee!
4) Pace (west Hollywood, CA) — I love this little tucked away restaurant off Laurel Canyon. Very hippie chill and really good rustic italian food!
5) El Vino (Venice, CA) — cute little wine tasting bar on Abbot Kinney Blvd. in Venicewww.elvinowines.com
6) Inteligista (Venice, CA) — awesome coffee shop! great coffee! and they are serious about it too! :)www.intelligentsiacoffee.com/locations/view/Venice+Coffeebar
1) Fred Segals (Melrose)
2) Decades (melrose)- Best selection of vintage couture
3) Planet Blue (santa monica)- Great selection of casual beach bohemian clothes… Perfect for the southern cali girl living the beach life!
4) Diavolinas- BEST shoes in the city!!!
5) Undrest (venice, CA)— very cool luxury line of bathing suits! i love it! www.undrest.com/Contents/companyinfo.aspx
6) Firefly (Venice, CA)— cute boutique that sells specialty gift items and coffee table books! i find alot of great ideas for presents here!www.shopfirefly.com
1) Supperclub— This is still in construction, but its slated to open july 2010. Great supperclub on hollywood blvd. (opens july 2010)
2) Voyeur (West HOllywood, CA )— this may be a little risque, but this is THE hottest club in LA right now. Strict guestlist but very well worth it!
3) The other room (Venice, CA) — one of my favorite neighborhood bars to just chill and hang out
1) Viceroy (Santa Monica, CA)— i love this hotel. chic boutique hotel by the beach! great style and ambience. fantastic location!
2) Pali House (West Hollywood, CA)— another boutique hotel with charm. I call it hollywoods little secret spot. Lots of music and entertainement industry people dine and entertain at this hotel
3) W hotel (Hollywood, CA)
4) Roosevelt Hotel (Hollywood, CA)— old school hotel built in 1920’s. this is where the very first Academy Awards was held in 1928. Now its uber chic boutique hotel.
Affably called The Food Buddha by friends and culinary media, Chef Rodelio has been noted to having “Zen” like quality and approach to cooking. Though he doesn’t consider himself a Buddhist, Rodelio views cooking as and art form and a discipline. check out his new show, The Food Buddha - premiers, June 14, 2010, 8pm on TLC!
“OOE” One of each baby!
T, Daniel Sakai, Kat Popiel
My first and only time to Winter Music Conference in Miami. So much connecting with friends, aritst, and just having fun!
@ Versace mansion in South Beach
With PR exrordinaire, Lisa Silvera
I remember this day so clearly as this was the WISH that changed my life! :)
Came home from a full day of shooting by the beach in bikinis (middle of february!!!) … I was feeling so tired and under the weather. My friends got together and surprised me with a wonderful birthday celebration!!! I’m so lucky to have such wonderful friends! (you know who you are… )
Here’s the COVER we shot that day for jet Set magazine! :)
This is one of my favorite photo shoots by far!
Marc Nicdao (photographer) you’re a genius!
Rosario Herrera (stylist) Wow, I’m actually wearing clothes on for this shoot!
Gela Laurel (make up artist) Thanks for making me look presentable and “camera ready”
Great team! Great day! Thank you!
Me and my sis, Rosario goofing around in a photobooth in NYC! So much fun!
Swimming with Barracudas
Turtle heading toward the light
A school of Barracudas
My favorite, Manta Ray
Jelly fish lake, Palau
This was a great day, “A Coke Light toast to the Passionista”, an event held at the Ayala Museum that paid tribute to five women of definite grace and substance, women advocates who create a remarkable changes in society and the lives they touch through their various causes.
I was honored that i was among the five women recognized for work my with Trees for the Future. Through our annual charity yoga benefit, The Global Mala Project, where the proceeds from this event go directly to environmental organizations in the Philippines.
Thank you Coke Light! And to my family and friends for coming out to support me! ;) love you!
“The world is your oyster Tsai, now go out there and get it.” -Dad
I remember my dad telling me this when I was really young. Even way back then, i was already filled with so many dreams of all the things i wanted to be, do, have, and love. I was a precocious little girl and was always up to “no good” as they say… but how would i know, it was all NEW to me!
To this day, I live by these words my dad shared with me. Daily i’m reminded of how lucky I am to have the life I’ve lived so far.
My life is good because I thrive on making the most out of my experiences, opportunities and relationships. I love what I do and I’m grateful everyday for having the opportunity to affect so many people on many levels. I’m grateful to my family and friends for always supporting me and encouraging me to take chances in life, because after all, you just never know…
I want to engage in what is REAL and work hard towards a vision: A life full of experiences.
And that brings us to what this blog is about… a constantly EVOVLING world of things that inspire me, people that move me, places that excite me, and projects that I’m most passionate about.
Enjoy and I hope it helps to spark a fire within you to live a life you’ve always imagined!